Photo by Samantha Bliss of redfollowsbliss.com
This is so easy to make it’s almost embarrassing, but it’s been my favorite summer salad and one of my favorite all-year-round side dishes since I was a kid.
It’s perfect as a picnic side and even more perfect for when you have to throw something together at the last minute. It’s fresh, full-flavored and offers a decent amount of protein, and people always remark about how much they love it.
Yield: 8 Cups
- 4 cups cooked black beans (or 2 cans, drained and thoroughly rinsed)
- 2 cups corn (frozen is fine)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Optional: parsely or cilantro to garnish
- Mix all ingredients together, taste, and adjust by adding a little more salt, pepper, olive oil or balsamic vinegar if you like
- Let sit for 20 minutes to overnight
- Serve cold, garnished with parsley or cilantro if desired
That’s it. Enjoy!